MORE information to come...
Full Plan in progress; a dedicated team of MAPS 5th grade teachers combined with the Technology Think Tank (TTT) are working to complete a comprehensive detailed multi-year plan to provide much needed 21st Century technology in classrooms and directly in the hands of students to assist in career and college readiness.
A few of the details currently in conversation:
- Overnight device plan: for year one (2014-15) of the initiative the devices will stay in the classrooms overnight.
- Progression of device in year two: devices may follow student into 6th grade or devices may stay with the incoming Fifth Grade students
- District Preparation: 5th grade staff will be provided PD for how to integrate technologies in the classroom as well as Chromebook specific learning, MAPS wireless network bandwidth has been increased to support the growing need of policy approved technological tool support
- Policy Changes: Policies will allow for BYOD in the 2014-15 school year, at the discretion of the classroom teacher. Breakage policies are currently in discussion.Policies will allow for BYOD in the 2014-15 school year, at the discretion of the classroom teacher. Breakage policies are currently in discussion.
- Instructional Changes
- Evaluation of Program: As with all programs and most importantly those involved in education, evaluation is critical component in the process of continuous improvement. The key points of evaluation that MAPS staff has agreed upon include 1. engagement 2. basic proficiencies of navigation 3. contribution of tool in student learning and 4. collaboration. These points will be assessed by both formative (monitor- during project for best outcome) and summative (evaluate- end of project) means, improvement of proficiencies will determine program success. The evaluation will include student, staff and parent/community surveys as well as schoolwork/project comparisons. The project decision making process through the 2014-15 school year will be based on collected data. Communication of evaluation results will flow through the Technology Think Thank (TTT) where recommendations will be agreed upon. The program continuation and expansion to all grade levels in the district is an expectation, however, feedback and results will strongly shape the process of implementation.
- AND MANY more details to consider...